Sunday, February 10, 2013

Things I Learned the First Week about my Daddy

In an effort to plan ahead, I started this post before Addison was born.  I was thinking out loud about some of the things that Addison would learn her first week about her mom and I and thought it would be cute to put them into words, even though of course has none yet.

However, after one week, I realized what a foolish and shortsighted idea that was and in reality, this whole first week has been about me learning things from Addison.   So, it really should go the other way and therefore, I'm changing the title to:

The 10 top things my daddy learned about me and about himself the first week...

1. Daddy can actually survive (barely) on 10 hours of sleep in 4 days.  What's more, he can get only 4-5 a night and still do pretty good.  Albeit, he looks pretty odd and keeps running into stuff, he is still handsome.

2. You can teach an old dog new tricks.  Although daddy has never changed a diaper in his life, I am already turning him into a pro.   I'm giving him ton's of practice and he's getting much quicker.   And on that note, I also taught him that:

3.  Boys are not the only ones that can pee on you during a diaper change.  I'm actually quite good at it myself.

4.  Daddy learned that poop comes in an fantastic array of colors and textures.  More than he ever thought possible.  

5. My daddy learned that I am kind of particular about when and how I eat and that if he doesn't burp me properly I will get gas, and I will let him know that I have gas.  Often.

6. Daddy learned that mommy is much better at feeding me and she makes a much smaller mess at it than he does.   I don't mind though.   He likes to sing and dance with me when I'm eating.

7.  I am teaching my daddy that getting straight A's in school is not really all that important.  He will still be a really good physical therapist.  I love that when he comes home from school he spends time with me.  

8.  Daddy said something about me and dating and marriage and boys, I'm not sure what exactly he's talking about but he seemed concerned...

9.  Daddy learned how much he loves mommy and that we he sees her taking care of me, he loves her even more.  

10.  Daddy learned that that he loves me more than he ever imagined possible.

1 comment:

Jenifer Phillips said...

So sweet!! #8 is something Jesse can relate with!