Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Addison's first "Race"

We got out for a 5k this weekend!    It was a beautiful day for a run  and no better place to be than with my beautiful baby girl and all my Physical therapy buddies.   We were assisting at the American Parkinson's Disease 5k Run/Walk and took a break to try out some speed with the jogger.  

Besides the fact that sidewalks are a bit bouncier than the bosque trail, Addi did great and we put up a 20:04, which following a PR half marathon the day before, made me feel pretty good.   Here are some pics of the finish.    One of my classmates brothers ran and was in front of me all the way until he took a wrong turn at the very end.   The three of us finished together, it was a lot of fun.



Sorry, no actual pics of Addi, but I promise she's in there!  And smiling.

No comments: