Friday, April 12, 2013

Things I learned about being a Mommy

“Everytime you smile at someone, it is an action of love, a gift to that person, a beautiful thing.”
Mother Teresa
1. I can goo and gaa all I want, but she will still smile bigger at the plastic zebra than at me. Maybe it means I need to brush my teeth first.

2. I LOVE the velcro swaddle. Seriously, if you are having a baby, I will buy you one or three.

3. Nothing opens doors to conversations like an adorable sleeping baby in a stroller. Now if only I can up the ante to have them buy me a sympathetic coffee for the lack of sleep. Perhaps a donation bucket in the cup-holder?

4. It is more important to me to make sure I take time with the Bible and my Divine Mentor than ever before. Somehow that part about God being our Father as taken on a whole new understanding with a small taste of parenting. Can't quite imagine parenting 7.078 billion obstinate people.

5. I can stay at home all day with Addison and still find at the end of the day that I accomplished zero housecleaning, somehow have forgotten how to make dinner, and am more tired than yesterday.

6.  The dogs really are just dogs. (But don't tell them or I may have a coup on my hands.)

7.  While I didn't really learn this one now, it is certainly more clear--Jason is the best husband I could ever ask for. Truly, parenting without an equal partner would result in many tears.

8. Chocolate.Yes, I did pick all those Almond Hersey Kisses out of the trash. You would have done the same thing...?

9. Trust in Jesus. I can't do anything about anything--but if I let him take my worries, then I get a lot more sleep.  So far he has made sure that she does breathe all night long without me having to touch her ever hour just to be sure.

10. Being a Mommy doesn't mean giving birth. She is my child. Jason is her Daddy. We are a family!

No comments: